I. General Registration Policies
Registration & Payment
In a worldwide teaching operation, sufficient lead time is needed for course logistics. For this reason, PetroSkills appreciates receiving registrations at least one month before the course. However, we accept paid registrations for a viable course through the day before the course begins. Registrations can be made online at www.petroskills.com or by contacting the Customer Service Department at email@example.com. Registrations are confirmed upon receipt of payment. An Acknowledgment of Reservations will be issued via email. Once payment is received, an email will be issued confirming the registrant’s seat in the course.
Please note we do not arrange hotel accommodations for participants. When possible, we reserve a block of rooms at suggested hotel(s). Participants should contact the suggested hotel directly for room rates and availability at least three weeks before the course begins. Mention that you are attending a PetroSkills course to receive a discounted rate, if applicable. Please note if a course venue changes for whatever reason, the participant or their representative will be contacted via email. PetroSkills reserves the right without payment of consideration to videotape, film, photograph and/or record course sessions and course participants in any media type and to alter or edit these images for use in its publications, including website entries.
PetroSkills may use participant contact information (mail, email, telephone or fax) for the following limited purposes: (i) to provide updated class information and other information related to professional development in the petroleum industry, (ii) to request your help in evaluating PetroSkills courses and materials, (iii) to provide information concerning future course offerings and (iv) to request survey completion for gathering information related to training and development to help improve PetroSkills products and offerings.
The use of any recording device (audio or video) by participants during a PetroSkills course is strictly prohibited. The unauthorized use of a recording device during a PetroSkills course presentation shall be grounds to remove the participant and confiscate or destroy the related recording. No portion of any PetroSkills course may be recorded digitally, on film, videotape, audio tape or other recording device or be reproduced photographically or by any sight or sound device without the explicit written permission of PetroSkills. All PetroSkills course presentations are the sole property of PetroSkills. We are the exclusive owner of the copyright of all course materials.
Tuition fees are due and payable in US dollars upon receiving the corresponding invoice. A registration will not be confirmed until payment has been received. Tuition fees do not include living costs, but do include tuition, purchase price of course materials, daily refreshments, and a $150.00(USD) non-refundable registration fee, per five days of training or less. Tuition must be paid prior to the first day of the course. If payment has not been made prior to the course start date, the registrant or their representative should contact the Customer Service Department to make payment arrangements.
Note: Where applicable due to government regulations, Goods and Services Tax (GST) or Value Added Tax (VAT) will be added to the total tuition fees. Pricing is subject to change. See website for current pricing and availability.
Transfers, Substitutions, Cancellations & Refunds
Transfers, Substitutions, Cancellations, and Refund requests can be made by contacting the Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org All are subject to the terms and conditions contained within this registration policy.
Transfers may be accepted if received 30 days or more before the course begins. There is no transfer fee, but tuition will be due based on the registered course. PetroSkills may allow a registrant to transfer to a subsequent course after the 30-day cut off period provided the tuition fees have been paid and the requested course is open for enrollment. If a transfer is made and the subsequent course is not attended, no money will be refunded. Only one transfer per initial registration is allowed. Substitutions (someone else using your registration) may be made at any time without penalty.
If it is necessary to cancel an enrollment, full paid tuition, less the non-refundable registration fee of $150.00(USD) per five days of training or less, will be refunded provided the cancellation is received in our office 30 days or more prior to the course start date. If tuition is not paid at the time of the cancellation, the $150.00(USD) registration fee per five days of training or less is due, provided the 30-day notice was received. For cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the course, the full tuition fee is due. Please contact the appropriate Customer Service Department if you wish to cancel or transfer your enrollment. Enrollments are not automatically cancelled if tuition payment is not received by the start of the course.
Credits not used within 12 months from credit date are subject to forfeiture.
For Non-Force Majeure Cancellations
PetroSkills reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course session at any time. The decision to cancel is generally made approximately two weeks before class. When a course cancels, registered participants will be given the opportunity to transfer to another course or receive a full refund, provided the enrollment was not transferred into the cancelled course late. Keep this in mind when making travel arrangements (airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc.), as PetroSkills cannot be responsible for any fees incurred for cancelling or changing your travel arrangements.
For Force Majeure Cancellations
If a course session is cancelled or rescheduled due to a “Force Majeure” event, registered participants will be provided an opportunity to transfer to another course within 12 months of the originally scheduled course. For the purposes of the Force Majeure Cancellation Policy, a “Force Majeure” event shall mean any event, circumstance, situation or similar occurrence (other than financial distress or inability to pay debts when due) that prevents or substantially impairs PetroSkills’ ability to perform its obligations, and over which PetroSkills has no ability or authority to effectively control or influence, and includes, without limitation, acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, epidemics, pandemics, governmental acts or regulations, fires, communication line failures, power failures, earthquakes and the application of any germane law which PetroSkills, in its sole discretion, interprets to prevent, delay or hinder the delivery of goods and services by PetroSkills. For course sessions cancelled or rescheduled due to a “Force Majeure” event, refunds less the registration fee may only be made after the 12-month period in which a registrant was provided an opportunity to transfer into another course.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to each participant who satisfactorily completes the course and will be awarded by the instructor(s) on the final day.
II. PetroAcademy™ Registration Policies
Registration and Payment
Registrations are confirmed when payment is received. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice and no later than 10 business days before the first day of the session. For registrations submitted less than 10 business days before session, payment is due immediately, otherwise a spot in the session cannot be guaranteed. Tuition fees are due and payable in US dollars. Please contact the Customer Service Department at email@example.com you cannot meet the payment requirements as registrations are not automatically cancelled when payment is not received.
Tuition fees include tuition, access to the PetroAcademy software and digital course material for 1 year and a non-refundable registration fee of $150.00 (USD). As a reminder, a spot in the PetroAcademy session is not confirmed until payment is received. Please note tuition fees do not include the cost of hardware such as computers, microphones, or web cameras. Participants are responsible for providing and testing their own hardware and internet connection before the PetroAcademy session.
Cancellations, Refunds, Transfers, & Substitutions
Cancellations, Refunds, Transfers, and Substitution requests can be made by contacting the Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are subject to the terms and conditions contained within this registration policy.
A minimum of 10 business days’ notice is required to cancel the enrollment, otherwise the tuition fee is forfeited or remains due if not already paid. Cancellation requests received 10 business-days or greater before participants receive their login credentials to PetroAcademy will be honored and tuition refunded, less the non-refundable registration fee mentioned above. Transfers to future sessions and substitutions of participants from the same company will be permitted if notice is given within 6 business days. Please contact the Customer Service Department if you need to transfer or substitute.
PetroSkills reserves the right to cancel any session at any time. The decision to cancel is generally made one week before the instructor-led virtual session. When a session cancels, registered participants will be given the opportunity to participate in a rescheduled virtual instructor-led session. We reserve the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
Credits not used within 12 months from credit date are subject to forfeiture.
At a minimum, participants will need a computer and internet connection for on-demand PetroAcademy sessions or modules. To enjoy a fully interactive learning experience for instructor led virtual sessions through PetroAcademy, a microphone headset or telephone is required, and a webcam is highly recommended.
PetroAcademy Login Credentials
For sessions with scheduled instructor-led virtual sessions:
Upon payment of tuition, participants will be sent their login credentials, WebEx links for virtual instructor-led sessions, and Getting Started Guides, etc. within 5 days of the PetroAcademy start date.
For sessions without instructor-led virtual sessions:
Upon payment of tuition, participants will be sent their login credentials and Getting Started Guides within 5 days of receipt of payment.
Test-out of Skill Modules
Participants are able to test-out of the core and fundamental skill modules within a PetroAcademy session. Once the participant has access to PetroAcademy, he/she will have the option to complete the post-assessment of each skill module. A passing score will allow the participant to receive a completion for this skill module and progress to the next skill module in the sequence.
Virtual Class Recording
To allow registered participants to review the training session asynchronously and to ensure that the training being provided meets the PetroSkills standards, the training session may be recorded or monitored and reviewed after the training session by registered participants, as well as PetroSkills resources for course quality and improvement.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to each participant who satisfactorily completes the course and will be emailed upon completion of the session.
Additional PetroAcademy Registration Policies
PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. reserve the right without payment of consideration to videotape, film, photograph and /or record course sessions and course participants in any media type and to alter or edit these images for use in its publications, including website entries.
PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. may use participant contact information (mail, email, telephone or fax) for the following limited purposes: (i) to provide updated class information, (ii) to request your help in evaluating PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. courses and materials, and (iii) to provide information concerning future course offerings.
The use of any recording device (audio or video) by participants during a PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. course is strictly prohibited. The unauthorized use of a recording device during a PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. course presentation shall be grounds to remove the participant and confiscate or destroy the related recording. No portion of any PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. course may be recorded digitally, on film, video tape, audio tape or other recording device or be reproduced photographically or by any sight or sound device. All PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co. course presentations are the sole property of PetroSkills and John M. Campbell & Co.
III. COVID-19 Response Plan
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PetroSkills is committed to enhanced precautionary measures for the safety, health, and well-being of our participants, instructors, and support staff as we continue to provide high quality Instructor Led training throughout the world.
By enrolling in this course, you are acknowledging you have reviewed the below information and are agreeing to comply with PetroSkills COVID-19 precautionary measures. Course participants are expected to review, understand, and comply with the following:
- All applicable governmental, country, national, state, county, city, and local community requirements, particularly quarantining requirements due to travel
- Participants and instructors will be required to complete and sign a self-screening form upon arrival at the first day of the training course. If the participant or instructor answers 'Yes' to any of the following questions, the participant or instructor must leave or refrain from attending the course:
- Have you tested positive for or otherwise been diagnosed or told by a healthcare provider that you are presumed to be positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms, including but not limited to: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or gastrointestinal symptoms (vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea) within the past 14 days excluding pre-existing or chronic conditions?
- Have you had any contact with or been exposed to anyone who is experiencing symptoms is in quarantine for COVID-19, or has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you have reason to believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently subject to any quarantining restrictions related to travel for attending the training course or are you the subject of a self-quarantine or self-isolation order from a public health care provider?
Participants and instructors will be required to acknowledge reviewing and agreeing to the following:
- I have reviewed the PetroSkills COVID-19 Response Plan for Face-to-Face Instructor Led Training and agree to comply with all precautionary measures.
- I agree to NOT attend the training course at any time during the course if I begin experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 listed above.
- I agree to immediately report any concerns or issues related to COVID-19 and this training course to the PetroSkills Instructor or to PetroSkills Customer Service.
- I agree to immediately inform PetroSkills Customer Service if I leave the course due to COVID-19 symptoms or develop symptoms within 14 days of the training course, and I will inform PetroSkills Customer Service of COVID-19 test results immediately upon receipt of the results.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the social distancing and hygiene practices below.
- 6 feet / 2 meters of distancing between instructor and participants
- Washing hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds, especially after having been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover (strongly recommended, but not required)
- Covering coughs and sneezes, use the inside of your elbow if you do not have a tissue or face covering
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- Participant and instructor developed movement patterns/traffic flow within the classroom to maintain social distancing
- Unless otherwise instructed by the course instructor, removing course materials and personal belongings from the classroom after each day of the course to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of workspaces
- Sitting in the same seat and workspace each day of the course
- Instructors and participants shall comply with any quarantining requirements due to their travel to attend the course or if they are the subject of a self-quarantine or self-isolation order from a public health care provider.
- Instructors may stop the course at any time to resolve COVID-19 related issues which may include removing participants from the course or cancelling the course.
Course participants and instructors are expected to communicate any COVID-19 issues to their management, the PetroSkills Instructor, and/or to PetroSkills Customer Service as soon as possible.
The course instructor may issue additional precautionary measures during the course for which all course participants shall comply.
How to Register
Registrations can be made online or by contacting the Customer Service Department.