Petroleum Project and Program Management Essentials - P3ME
About the Course
Petroleum companies often use projects to develop the skills of early career project professionals. This course covers the essential skills of petroleum project and program management and provides an opportunity to apply those skills to your project. You will be able to utilize fit-for-purpose prioritization techniques and control tools to facilitate successful outcomes. The specific training received in planning, scheduling and risk management will help the early career professional make the best decisions possible.
Participants will learn how the project management, HSE, engineering, operations, maintenance, procurement/supply chain, and transportation disciplines relate to one another and what tools are available to ensure interfaces among key stakeholders are managed. The course is taught using a combination of instruction, facilitated discussion, and team exercises using real-world examples related to facilities, drilling and maintenance. The exercises will include both individual and group activities that will provide each participant with a hands-on application of the principles and practices discussed throughout the course.
This course counts toward PMI Project Development Units (PDUs) through continuing education. Completion Certificates may be submitted to PMI as required to document third-party training.
Target AudienceProject managers and engineers, facility engineers, operations and maintenance representatives, schedulers, cost controllers, and purchasing personnel who plan, manage, or participate on multi-discipline teams. This course also addresses the essential requirements associated with managing programs whose timely completion is essential to the success of regional operations.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply essential work management techniques to a variety of tasks
- Identify key constraints and interfaces and develop action plans to address them
- Develop charters, scopes of work, schedules and cost estimates
- Prioritize the work to best meet evolving operations needs
- Prepare petroleum project execution plans and procedures
- Utilize progress measurement and control techniques
- Use dashboards to track progress of larger programs and identify areas that need attention
- The petroleum project delivery system
- Organization and resources
- Project coordination
- The execution plan
- HSE and risk management
- Procurement and contracting
- Cost management
- Planning and scheduling
- Progress measurement
- Program management essentials